Every girl loves having perfect glossy, chip free manicures. After using so many crap nail polishes that dont even last a day I’m so happy to have been introduced to gel nails. In a salon gel nails can cost up to £20, however it is definitely cheaper if you can do them yourself. They are not hard to do at all, it’s just like painting your nails regularly but it takes a little bit longer. The SensatioNail Polish to Gel transformer basically turns any nail polish you have into gel, which is such a fabulous idea. So now my crap nail polishes that don’t last 2 seconds can now last up to 2 weeks!
In this starter kit you get;
- Gel Cleanser
- Gel Primer
- Polish to Gel
- Lint-Free Wipes
- Mixing Pot
- Double Sided Nail Buffer
- Manicure Stick
- LED Lamp
- USB and Mains Adaptor
Although, if you have already own any of the SensatioNail nail kits you do not need to buy this whole kit. You can just purchase the Polish to Gel on its own! But if you just wanna buy it for the sake of buying it, then go ahead! Also obviously you’ll need to use your own nail polish, which presumably you already own.
Gel Top Coat Method:
- Apply Polish to Gel Transformer as top coat
- Cure under LED lamp for 15 seconds
- Wipe clean with Gel Cleanser (to remove sticky moisture layer)
- Push back cuticles with orange stick
- File and buff nails
- Wash hands
- Apply Gel Cleanser – to remove traces of oil, moisture and dust
- Apply Gel Primer – optional, will help manicure last longer
- Apply Base Coat – optional, will help manicure last longer. Can use original base coat or Transformer
- Cure 15 seconds under LED lamp
- Mix 6 drops of chosen nail polish with 6 drops of Gel Transformer
- Apply two layers of colour, curing each for 30 seconds
- Apply top coat
- Apply Gel Cleanser
I have tried both methods and have found that the mixing method is more time consuming and confusing as you don’t know whether you have the right amount of polish and gel in the mixing tub. Also you have to keep adding more as you run out, and it’s very messy. However, the top coat method is simpler and more effective. I find that my polish lasts longer, whereas the mixing method my polish tends to just peel off.
- Make sure you cap each layer or polish, along the edge of your nail for a strong finish.
- Make sure you tidy the edges of your nails before you cure, as it ruins your polish once you try to remove the mistakes whilst it has set.
- Make sure you mix really well, or else the formula wont cure correctly.
- Use a thick layer of polish to gel top coat, for an extra glossy finish.
- Use cling film or foil to line the mixing pot to prevent mess and so you don’t have to clean it.
Overall, this product is brilliant for anyone who enjoys a long lasting manicure. It is also a fab way to use up your not so great polishes. I have a few SensatioNail colours, and Im so glad that now my ordinary nail polishes can now be just as good as them. This product can also save money, as you don’t have to spend a lot of money on gel polishes, which can be quite expensive. Also if you don’t already know gel polishes can be hard to get off, but I’ve recently been introduced to a fabulous gel nail remover… Post coming very soon!!
So are you interested in trying out this Polish to Gel starter kit? It’s available now in BOOTS for £49.99.
*DISCLAIMER- I was kindly sent this product, and I am not being paid and have not been told to say anything. All my opinions are completely honest and are my own. All my reviews are 100% honest, and I will never talk highly about a product I dislike.